NO Chrysler Imperials, hearses, ambulances, or checker cabs allowed!
Preparation of car: remove or convert before arriving. Do not do anything other than what is stated in these rules. No pit persons allowed in the arena. NO alcoholic beverages or drugs allowed. If any changes are made after inspection to make your vehicle illegal you will be disqualified, and there will be no refund of entry fee. Judges decisions are final. All vehicles can be re-inspected at anytime. Any questions call Dan Galvis @ 413-522-3185 or Pat Chiapputi 413-222-7014
Safety Belt and DOT approved helmet required, long pants and shirts mandatory!
RIDING ON CAR
- Insurance regulations: No person riding on outside of cars AT ANY TIME.
FLAMMABLE MATERIAL AND INTERIOR
- Chrome molding strips and the bottom portion of rear seats must be removed.
- On station wagons, all rear seats and deck lids must be removed.
- No loose items are allowed inside of the car.
GLASS AND AIRBAGS
- All glass, windshield optional, side windows, rear window, headlights and taillights must be removed before arriving.
- Autos must be swept/vacuumed clean, no junk tires, wheels, metal parts, broken glass, etc., allowed in car.
- Airbags must be removed.
DOOR AND NUMBERS
- The numbers should be painted on each side of the car and on the roof of the car.
- The number should be at least 20 inches tall. Car may be decorated but only in good taste.
- Driver's door must be painted white with a 24-inch diameter orange circle, or entire door may be painted orange.
- Maximum 17 inch tire - Any tire permitted. If running implement or tractor style tire you must have a mudflap behind tires on rear wheel drive cars. MUDFLAP MUST COVER REAR OF TIRE TO GROUND. In the event the mudflap is compromised and you propel dirt and stones into spectator area you will be shut down. Double tires permitted.No split rims or studded tires. Bottom of bumpers must be no more than 21 inches from the ground on level pavement.
- Remove wheel weights, valve stem guards allowed.
- No wire spokes.
- NO water in tires,
- NO tires screwed to rims,
- No two-way radios or steering knobs permitted in car.
- Bumpers may be any automobile production bumper.
- -No welding of the bumper,front or back to any part of the body. Bumpers may be welded to frame. On unibody cars with plastic facias you may weld a 3/16inch 3X3 plate top and bottom to help hold bumper. No excessive welding on frame. Excessive welding will be determined by officials. Any year or make of a factory production passenger car bumper will be allowed front or rear. No home made bumpers! No loaded bumpers! Bumper shocks must remain factory to make of vehicle. You may collapse and pin/weld shocks or just remove them. Bumpers may not protrude beyond sides of car. Bumpers may not extend beyond stock position front or rear. Bumper ends must not be cut,if you cut it down it must be folded over. NO SHARP EDGES.
- Bumper shocks may be collapsed and welded or pinned.
- Bumper brackets may be welded to bumper and frame but no additional metal may be added except unibody cars with plastic facias.(see above)
- The bottom of bumpers must be no higher than 21 inches from level ground.
- All excessive holes in firewall and front floor pan must be covered.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER (Recommended, not required)
- Any sharp protruding fins, or dangerous objects must be mashed down or cut off.
- Cutting out around metal fenders and wheels allowed, welding metals together after cutting out wheel well is allowed.
- Remove all chrome, trim, emblems, fiberglass, and hard plastic.
- - Creasing or prebending of body permitted, must be behind rear axle to allow body to bend upward. Bumper height rule applies.
- Must remain strictly stock.
- Do not invert spring shackles on Fords.
- Do not crank up torsion bar suspension on Chrysler corp. cars. All cars MUST have some give or bounce.
- No stiff suspensions, screw in spring risers or blocks may be allowed at the discretion of the track officials to bring weak or sagging suspensions to level position.
- Bring such items to the track and obtain permission before installation.
- No special lifts, blocks or shackles. Airlifts and air shocks must be deflated.
- No prebending/pinching allowed.
- RIGID SUSPENSION ALLOWED ON FULL SIZE CARS IN NORTHAMPTON MA AND ROCHESTER NH. JACKING BOLTS, CHAINING AND WELDING ALLOWED. IF WELDING NO ADDITIONAL METAL MAY BE ADDED. BUMPER HEIGHT RULE APPLIES UNLESS CAR HAS BEEN PRE RUN.
- Must remain in original position or be taken off. Comparable replacement radiators are permitted.
- Radiators and cooling systems should be flushed of anti-freeze and only water added.
- CORE SUPPORT MAY BE WELDED TO FRAME IN NORTHAMPTON MA AND ROCHESTER NH ON FULL SIZE CARS
- Welded solid or chained down engine mounts are recommended.
- Body mount bolts may be replaced, but only with stock size bolts no larger than 5/8 inch and only one (1) round washer. BODY MOUNTS MAY BE REMOVED ON FULL SIZE CARS IN NORTHAMPTON MA AND ROCHESTER NH.
- Distributor protectors are permitted.
- Distributor protectors may only extend 1 inch around distributor and may only be attached to engine and top of bell housing. No part of the distributor protector may contact any part of the firewall or body. Firewall may be cut out behind distributor but will need to be capped from inside.
- A horizontal brace behind seat, between doorposts on any car to support seat back is acceptable. Brace must be collapsible (IE: Pipe in pipe). It's okay to run pipe from drivers door post to right side rocker panel or floor. If running solid bar from post to post you must have a dash bar with a connector between them on right side of drivers seat.
- Driverside door post must be padded.
- Driver's door may be reinforced with pipe or plate but may not extend beyond 4 inches of door breaks.
- Roll bars, dash bars, and side bars permitted but they may not be attached to frames. No full cages are allowed.
- If windshield removed at least one (1) mandatory chain cable or bar must be installed vertically between roof and cowl (middle) of windshield, to prevent hood from entering drivers compartment.
- Doorpost bracing and drivers door reinforcement recommended in NORTHAMPTON, ADAMS AND ROCHESTER!
- No added weight or ballast or reinforcement is allowed to bumpers or frame or fenders or body or floor or any other spot on car.
- All exhaust pipes must point downward or straight up through hood.
- May be replaced but must remain in stock location. No setbacks.
- If a driver is disqualified for door hits, a different driver is allowed to drive in a later heat, he must notify the official judges and MUST sign a release. Failure to do this will disqualify his car.
- Slipper shafts allowed but must have a minimum of 3 driveshaft loops. One at each end and one center. Mandatory.
- Solid engine driven fans must be removed, operational clutch fans are permitted, if hood is removed all fan blades must be removed, only electrically driven fans permitted.
- Should be relocated to passenger area, secured and covered with fireproof material.
- May be relocated to anywhere in engine compartment or rear seat. Must be secured and must drain to outside.
- Stock gas tanks MUST be removed from original position and placed inside car in front of rear axle and no farther forward than the rear of the front seat. All tanks must be securely fastened to floor and covered. A portable tank is recommended in place of original.
- Gas lines and fittings to fuel tanks must be secured and leak proof. Only metal or rubber gas lines permitted. NO PLASTIC LINES.
- Maximum of five (5) gallons allowed. Electric fuel pumps are permitted, but MUST have a shut-off switch within driver's reach. Gas tanks located in front of rear axle may be left in stock location.