YOUTH COMPACT STOCK RULES
YOUTH STOCK CLASS RULES ANY 4 OR 6 CYL UNIBODY CAR UP TO 109 INCH WHEELBASE. This class is open to unlicensed 12 to 16 year old competitors.
Preparation of car: remove, convert before arriving. Do not do anything other than what is stated in these rules. This is a stock class. No pit persons allowed in the arena. NO alcoholic beverages or drugs allowed. If any changes are made after inspection to make your vehicle illegal you will be disqualified, and there will be no refund of entry fee. Judges decisions are final. All vehicles can be re-inspected at anytime. Any questions call Dan Galvis @ 413-522-3185 or Pat Chiapputi @ 413-222-7014
Safety Belt and DOT approved helmet required, long pants and shirts mandatory!
RIDING ON CAR
- Insurance regulations: No person riding on outside of cars AT ANY TIME.
FLAMMABLE MATERIAL AND INTERIOR
- Chrome molding strips, headliner, carpeting,door panels, and rear seats must be removed.
- On station wagons, all rear seats and deck lids must be removed.
- No loose items are allowed inside of the car.
GLASS AND AIRBAGS
- All glass, except windsheild, side windows, rear window, headlights and taillights must be removed before arriving.
- Autos must be swept/vacuumed clean, no junk tires, wheels, metal parts, broken glass, etc., allowed in car.
- Airbags must be removed.
DOOR AND NUMBERS
- The numbers should be painted on each side of the car and on the roof of the car.
- The number should be at least 20 inches tall. Car may be decorated but only in good taste.
- Driver's door must be painted white with a 24-inch diameter orange circle, or entire door may be painted orange.
- Must have stock size tire . DOT tires only No split rims or studded tires.
- Remove wheel weights.
- No wire spokes.
- NO water in tires,
- NO tires screwed to rims,
- No two-way radios or steering knobs permitted in car.
- Bumpers must be stock
- The bottom of bumpers must be no higher than 21 inches from level ground.
- All excessive holes in firewall and front floor pan must be covered.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER (Recommended, not required)
- Must be within reach of the driver, must work and have working gauges.
- Any sharp protruding fins, or dangerous objects must be mashed down or cut off.
- Remove all chrome, trim, emblems, fiberglass, and hard plastic.
- Must remain strictly stock
- No stiff suspensions, screw in spring risers or blocks may be allowed at the discretion of the track officials to bring weak or sagging suspensions to level position.
- Bring such items to the track and obtain permission before installation.
- No special lifts, blocks or shackles. Airlifts and air shocks must be deflated.
- Must remain in original position or be taken off. Comparable replacement radiators are permitted.
- Radiators and cooling systems should be flushed of anti-freeze and only water added.
- Welded solid or chained down engine mounts are recommended
- A horizontal brace behind seat, between doorposts on any car to support seat back is acceptable. Brace must be collapsible (IE: Pipe in pipe). It's okay to run pipe from drivers door post to right side rocker panel or floor. Pipe must be padded A rachet strap may be used in place of pipe, strap should run from drivers pillar post to front cowl by passenger door.
- Driverside door and door post must be padded.
- Driver's door may be reinforced with pipe or plate but may not extend beyond 4 inches of door breaks.
- If windshield removed must have roll bar and at least one (1) mandatory chain cable or bar must be installed vertically between roof and cowl (middle) of windshield, to prevent hood from entering drivers compartment.
- Steering wheel must be duct taped to prevent injury from steering wheel spokes.
- No added weight or ballast or reinforcement is allowed to bumpers or frame or fenders or body or floor or any other spot on car.
- All exhaust pipes must point downward or straight up through hood.
- Must be stock and be original size that came with car.
- Driver must prove that he/she can safely operate the car. This will include a demonstration on the track during tech inspection.
- Solid engine driven fans must be removed, operational clutch fans are permitted, if hood is removed all fan blades must be removed, only electrically driven fans permitted.
- Can be left in stock position or relocated to passenger area, secured and covered with fireproof material.
- Stock gas tanks MUST be removed from original position and placed inside car in front of rear axle and no farther forward than the rear of the front seat. All tanks must be securely fastened to floor and covered. A fuel cell is recommended in place of original.Gas tanks located in front of rear axle may be left in stock location and must have additional #9 wire or strap running from front to back..
- Gas lines and fittings to fuel tanks must be secured and leak proof. Only metal or rubber gas lines permitted. If using OEM plastic lines they must be completely sheilded in drivers compartment
- Maximum of five (5) gallons allowed. Electric fuel pumps are permitted, but MUST have a shut-off switch within driver's reach.